To be eligible to enroll in a music degree program at Miami University, you must
- be admitted to Miami University
- complete a successful audition for the Department of Music
Admission to the Department of Music depends on an audition, which can occur live on the Miami University campus in Oxford or via recording. Each area, program, or instrument has particular audition requirements.
Each academic year the Department of Music conducts auditions on several specific dates. Campus audition dates for Fall 2017 admission are as follows:
- November 5, 2016
- January 14, 2017
- February 18, 2017
- February 25, 2017
- Apply to Miami University via the Office of Admission. Specify MUSIC or MUSIC PERFORMANCE or MUSIC EDUCATION as your intended major.
- Apply to the Department of Music via Decision Desk to arrange for your live audition or to submit a recorded audition.
- Please note that applying via Decision Desk is free: the Department of Music waives any Decision Desk application fee.
- (Optional) Request Information from Miami University’s Graduate School
- Apply to Miami University via the Graduate School.
- Visit the Department of Music Graduate Admission page for specific requirements for admission to the Department of Music.
- If you are unable to audition in person, upload a video of your audition via Decision Desk. All admission materials should be received by Miami University by February 15, 2017.
Please email or call the Department of Music (music@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3014) if there are any questions regarding the admissions process.