To be eligible to enroll in a music degree program at Miami University, you must
- be admitted to Miami University
- complete a successful audition for the Department of Music
- Apply to Miami University via the Office of Admission. Specify MUSIC, MUSIC COMPOSITION, MUSIC PERFORMANCE or MUSIC EDUCATION as your intended major.
- Apply to the Department of Music via Decision Desk to arrange for your live audition or to submit a recorded audition.
- Please note that applying via Decision Desk is free: the Department of Music waives any Decision Desk application fee.
- View audition requirements for voice, instrument, or composition »
- (Optional) Request Information from Miami University’s Graduate School
- Apply to Miami University via the Graduate School.
- Visit the Department of Music Graduate Admission page for specific requirements for admission to the Department of Music.
- If you are unable to audition in person, upload a video of your audition via Decision Desk. All admission materials should be received by Miami University by February 15, 2017.
Please email or call the Department of Music (music@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3014) if there are any questions regarding the admissions process.