Research and Scholarship
Engineering and Computing education at Miami offers undergraduates many opportunities to engage in meaningful research and scholarship. Research opportunities are everywhere. Each year, more than 2,000 Miami students work with professors on funded research. Research expands your educational opportunities and allows you to make a difference in the world.
Consider the benefits
Conducting research can help you do the following:
- Work with professionals in your field of study
- Form relationships with people through the research process
- Take classroom knowledge and put it to practical use
- Get class credits outside of class
- Gain public recognition for your work
Learn more about specific research opportunities from our departments:
- Computer Science and Software Engineering
- Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Electrical and Computing Engineering
- Chemical, Paper and Biomedical Engineering
The Miami Engineering and Computing Review
The Miami Engineering and Computing Review is committed to the development of undergraduate research excellence at the College of Engineering and Computing of Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. The "Review" publishes undergraduate research to provide publication opportunities for engineering and computing students, to promote a community of research, and to serve as an educational tool for prospective students. It aims to publish faculty-sponsored and peer-reviewed papers reflecting a wide range of topics related to design project analysis. Miami University prides itself in its undergraduate engineering research, and an online journal provides a much needed service to the academic community. Read undergraduate research publications now!