Steps to Graduation
Masters Students - Wondering how to wear your hood at commencement? Watch this video - Commencement Tips for Masters Students
Doctoral Students - Not sure about being hooded at commencement? Watch this video - Commencement Tips of Doctoral Students
- A student under academic probation is not eligible to take a comprehensive examination, final examination (as defined in sections 4.1.A.4 or 4.5.A.5 of the MU Graduate Bulletin), or to graduate.
- A student's cumulative Miami graduate-level grade point average must be at least 3.00, and a student may not have grades of incomplete, to take a comprehensive examination, to take a final examination (as defined in sections 4.1.A.4 or 4.5.A.5 of the MU Graduate Bulletin) for any graduate degree, or to graduate.
- All Miami University academic integrity charges against a student must be resolved and sanctions completed before a student is eligible to graduate.
- You must apply for graduation and pay a commencement fee by the application deadline dates in order to graduate.
- You can apply online through BannerWeb and information about graduation can be found at the OneStop website.
- You must follow the formatting guidelines for submitting your thesis or dissertation. Contact the Graduate School (email@example.com) or visit the GSA's Canvas site for formatting guidelines and templates.
- If you are completing a thesis or dissertation as part of your degree, you must comply with the graduation deadline dates.
- Application fee for Masters and Specialists degrees is $35.00.
- Application fee for the Doctoral degrees is $200.00. The doctoral fee covers the cost of the diploma and the hood.
- Questions regarding academic attire should be directed to the Miami University Bookstore.