Double Reed Day
Masterclasses, Reedmaking and more! Spread the love of the double reeds and make new friendships!
This year, Miami is proud to announce a youth competition with generous support from our sponsors Lorée and Barton Cane. This competition is open to all students 7-12 grade. All participants of the competition must be registered for Double Reed Day. However, no additional fee is required to participate in the competition. Please find a downloadable PDF of the scores below.
- 1st Prize: $200 + performance on the afternoon recital
- 2nd Prize: $100
- 3rd Prize: Reed making supplies
- Dwight Parry, Principal Oboe, Cincinnati Symphony
- Jaren Atherholt, Assistant Professor of Oboe, University of North Carolina School of the Arts
- Dr. Tracy Carr, Professor of Oboe, Eastern New Mexico University
- Stephanie Patterson, Associate Professor of Bassoon, University of North Carolina School of the Arts
- Joseph Hesseman, Instructor of Bassoon, Wittenberg University
Competition Repertoire and Instructions