Information for Transfer Students
Students who transfer to Miami University Regionals usually have questions about how their previous credits will be used. The Office of Admission helps with unofficial evaluations of transfer credit during the admission process.
Once you are admitted as a transfer student, your transcripts are officially evaluated by the Registrar before your orientation advising appointment. During this initial advising appointment, you'll meet with either a professional advisor or a faculty advisor to:
- Review your official transfer credit evaluation and degree audit
- Review your remaining degree requirements
- Get recommendations for your first semester classes
- Prepare to petition Liberal Education for any transfer credit used in the Miami Plan
- Get a referral to your departmental faculty advisor for any major-related petitions and follow-up advising