Universal Banner Image 2

Student Life FAQs

Do I have to live on campus?

If you are a transfer student registering for nine or more credit hours, you are required to live in the university residence halls unless one of the following criteria applies: you are at least 21 years of age; you are married; or you are commuting from the home of a parent or legal guardian.

When will I find out where I'm living on campus?

Upon receipt of your confirmation deposit and signed Residence Hall and Meal Plan Contract, space will be reserved for you in a university residence hall.

Your housing assignment letter, sent in July, will include the following information:

  • Your Oxford address
  • Arrival information
  • Roommate information
  • Confirmation of your meal plan selection

Housing assignments are made by the Office of Student Housing and Meal Plan Services. If you have questions about housing or meal plans, you can contact them by email or phone at 513-529-5000.

Can I request a specific roommate?

Yes, you can request a specific roommate; however, each student involved is responsible for contacting the Office of Student Housing and Meal Plan Services.

If you want to room with another incoming transfer student, both of you must request the other individual on your housing contract. If you want to room with a current Miami student, you must request that student on your housing contract and the current student must request you as a roommate by contacting the Office of Student Housing and Meal Plan Services.

Where can I get information about finding a place to live off campus?

You can get information about finding housing off campus by visiting Associated Student Government's helpful website.

Can I choose a meal plan if I'm living off campus?

Visit the Office of Student Housing and Meal Plan Services to view the available options.

When is new student Orientation?

Transfer students are encouraged to attend a special Orientation session held prior to the start of classes. At Orientation, you will be introduced to academics at Miami, meet other students, learn about campus resources, and get a head start on the semester. Many transfer students meet with an advisor and register for classes prior to Orientation to avoid the rush; however, advising and registration are available at Orientation as well.

To learn more about Orientation or to register to attend, visit the Office of New Student Programs.