First Tech 2024
Miami's First Tech Tournament
February 3, 2024
Location: Millett Hall, 500 E. Sycamore St., Oxford OH 45056
- Joanna Hohn 513-785-317-1010 (cell)
- Scott Campbell 513-330-0230
Tournament Email: firsttechmiami@MiamiOH.edu
This event will conform as closely as possible to a regular tournament event to give the teams the tournament experience and practice. We have a great group of volunteers ready to work with the teams to provide a successful, fun, and safe event.
Questions can be mailed to firsttechmiami@MiamiOH.edu.
What is the FIRST Tech Challenge?
It’s way more than building robots. FIRST Tech Challenge teams (up to 15 team members, grades 7-12) are challenged to design, build, program, and operate robots to compete in a head-to-head challenge in an alliance format.
Guided by adult coaches and mentors, students develop STEM skills and practice engineering principles while realizing the value of hard work, innovation, and working as a team.
The robot kit is reusable from year to year and can be coded using a variety of levels of Java-based programming. Teams design and build robots, raise funds, design and market their team brand, and do community outreach to earn specific awards. Participants are eligible to apply for $80M+ in college scholarships.
First Tech 2024 Schedule:
- Team Check-In
- Turn in Team Roster /consent and release forms
- Robot Inspections
- Doors Close
- 8:00am - Check-In and Pits Open
- 8:15am - Robot Final Inspections or Re-Inspections
- 8:00am - Practice Fields Open
- 8:00am - Scrimmage for referee practice
- 10:00am - Drivers' Meeting with Head Referee
- 10:15am - Opening Ceremony (Open to the Public)
- 11:00am - Qualification Rounds Begin
- 11:30-12:15pm - Lunch Break
- 1:15pm - Resume Qualification Matches
- 2:30pm - Alliance Selection
- 3:45pm - Elimination Matches / Finals
- 5:00pm - Closing Ceremony and Awards
- 6:00pm - Team Load Out
Cash is not accepted.