Skip to Main Content

Graduate Assistants in Academic Affairs

For questions concerning any payroll issues about an assistantship contact Academic Personnel Services at 513-529-6724 or email

New Graduate Assistant Appointments

1. Accept your offer

Complete any requirements for your position within PageUp.

  • Log in with your Miami UniqueID and password.
  • Failure to complete this form in a timely manner impedes your ability to complete the rest of the steps.

2. Complete the I-9 Form

Complete an I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form on or before the first day of employment.

  • Check the list of acceptable documents and bring them with you to Academic Personnel Services, 1 Roudebush Hall.
  • Only original documents are acceptable. Documents cannot be expired.

3. Obtain a Miami University ID card

Visit the HOME Office to obtain a Miami University ID card. You must present a photo ID to confirm identification.

4. Attend Orientation

Attend required orientation session in August. You will complete essential payroll documentation at this orientation session.

5. Register for Classes

One Stop provides detailed directions for course registration. Contact the One Stop for help: or 513-529-0001.

Parking Permits

Obtain a parking permit (if needed) from Parking Services, 15 Campus Avenue Building (513) 529-8535. In order to secure a parking hangtag, you must show your driver's license, a valid vehicle registration, and proof of insurance.


Clear bursar fees in early August to avoid any late fees. Visit or contact Miami's One Stop center for essential information concerning registration, enrollment, financial aid, student records, billing, and payment.

Additional Guidelines


Letters of offer for reappointments of assistantships are sent to your Miami University email account for acceptance. To accept your offer, complete and submit the form via the link provided in the email or access the acceptance of assistantship form directly. Log in with your Miami UniqueID and password.

Note: If your direct deposit information has changed, update your payroll records online. For assistance, contact Payroll Services at 513-529-6223.

Tuition Waiver

Full-time Graduate Assistants who have accepted their assistantship from Academic Personnel are eligible for a waiver of up to 100% of the instructional fee, 33% of the basic general fee and up to 100% of the non-resident surcharge, if applicable. Graduate Assistants are responsible for all other fees. 

Visit the One Stop for additional information


The I-9 form and direct deposit forms must be completed and submitted in order for you to be paid.

International [or non US Citizens] are required to complete additional forms in Payroll Services prior to first payroll.

Graduate award stipends are paid on a monthly basis and checks are normally issued on the last working day of the month. 

Pay dates for the current academic year

Resignation or Withdrawal

If you should resign your position or withdraw from the university at any time during the academic year, you must notify Academic Personnel Services immediately. This is necessary so that the appropriate adjustments can be made to your paycheck before the direct deposit date.

Should you fail to notify Academic Personnel Services office in a timely manner, you will be required to refund to the University any overpayment of stipend, based on the date of resignation (if applicable).