Van Andel Professor of Business Analytics & Professor
Information Systems & Analytics
- Campus: Oxford
- Office: 2003
- Phone: 513.529.4823
- Email: email@example.com
- TR 9-10:30
- & appts here: https://calendly.com/farmerl2/fall-2023-office-hours?month=2023-08
- Curriculum Vita[PDF]*
* Accessible version of PDF available upon request.
- Ph.D. University of Alabama, Applied Statistics, 1997
- M.S. University of Alabama, Applied Statistics, 1996
- B.S. Birmingham-Southern College, Mathematics, 1990
Academic & Professional Experience
- Van Andel Professor, Miami University (2014-present)
- C&E Smith Professor, Auburn University (2011-2014)
- Associate Professor, Auburn University (2005-2013)
- Assistant Professor, Auburn University (2002-2005)
- Assistant Professor, University of Miami (1997-2002)
- Baghdadi, A., Cavuoto, L.A., Esfahani, E.T., Jones-Farmer, L.A., Rigdon, S.E., Megahed, F.M (2019). “Monitoring Worker Fatigue Using Wearable Devices: A Case Study to Detect Changes in Gait Parameters.” To appear in Journal of Quality Technology.
- Weese, M., Martinez, W., Megahed, F., and Jones-Farmer, L.A. (2016). Statistical Learning Methods Applied to Process Monitoring: An Overview and Perspective. Journal of Quality Technology, 48(1), 4-27.
- Jones-Farmer, L.A., Woodall, W.H., Steiner, S., and Champ, C.W. (2014). An Overview of Phase I Analysis for Process Improvement and Monitoring. Journal of Quality Technology, 46(3), 265-280. Winner of the Lloyd Nelson award for the paper with the greatest immediate impact to practitioners from the Statistics division of the American Society for Quality.
- Hazen, B. T., Boone, C. A., Ezell, J. D. *, & Jones-Farmer, L.A. (2014). Data Quality for Data Science, Predictive Analytics, and Big Data in Supply Chain Management: An Introduction to the Problem and Suggestions for Research and Applications. International Journal of Production Economics, 154, 72-80.
- Jones-Farmer, L.A., Ezell, J.D., and Hazen, B.T.(2014). Applying Control Chart Methods to Enhance Data Quality. Technometrics, 56(1), 29-41.
- Bell, R.C.*, Jones-Farmer, L.A., and Billor, N (2014). A Distribution-Free Multivariate Phase I Location Control Chart for Subgrouped Data from Elliptical Distributions. Technometrics, 56(4), 528-538.
- Jones-Farmer, L.A., Ezell, J.D., and Hazen, B.T.(2014). Applying Control Chart Methods to Enhance Data Quality. Technometrics ,56(1), 29-41.
- Jensen, W.A., Jones-Farmer, L.A., Champ, C.W., and Woodall, W.H. (2006) Effects of Parameter Estimation on Control Chart Properties: A Literature Review. Journal of Quality Technology, 38, 349-364.
- Sullivan, J.H., and Jones, L.A. (2002). A Self-Starting Control Chart for Multivariate Individual Observations. Technometrics, 44, 24-34.
- Jones, L.A., Champ, C.W., and Rigdon, S. (2001). The Performance of Exponentially Weighted Moving Average Control Charts with Estimated Parameters. Technometrics, 43, 156-167.
Honors & Awards
- Lloyd Nelson Award from Statistics Division of the American Society for Quality
- Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education Best Research Article Award
- Auburn University, Departmental Outstanding Teaching Award (2012)
- Auburn University, MBA Core Teacher of the Year (2008)
- Auburn University, Edward L. Lowder Endowed Teaching Award (2005)
- University of Miami, Excellence in Teaching Award (1999)
- Research: Statistical Monitoring, Statistical Modeling
- Teaching: Business Analytics, Predictive Modeling, Data Mining
Areas of Expertise
- Predictive Modeling
- Statistical Process Control
- Business Analytics
L. Allison Jones-Farmer (Ph.D. University of Alabama) currently holds the Van Andel Endowed Professorship in Business Analytics at Miami University. She is an active researcher, developing practical methods for analyzing data in industrial and business settings. She is currently on the editorial board of Journal of Quality Technology, and is a past Associate Editor for Technometrics. Dr. Jones-Farmer enjoys developing innovative curricula and teaching analytics and statistics to both undergraduate and graduate students. Dr. Jones-Farmer is the recipient of numerous teaching awards. Prior to joining Miami University of Ohio, Dr. Jones-Farmer was on the faculty at University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida, and at Auburn University in Auburn, Alabama. She has consulted with numerous organizations and enjoys working with companies to improve their analytics capabilities.
- ISA 616 A 1:15-2:35 TR FSB 0013
- ISA 544 A WEB