Chair, Bill Moeckel Business Professor & Professor
- Campus: Oxford
- Office: 3056A
- Phone: 513.529.2017
- Email: email@example.com
- TR 4:15-5:30 pm, & by appointment
- Curriculum Vita[PDF]*
* Accessible version of PDF available upon request.
- Ph.D. University of Minnesota, Operations and Management Science, 2004
- M.S. Shanghai JiaoTong University, Industrial Management Engineering, 1998
- B.S. Shanghai JiaoTong University, Mechanical Engineering & Industrial Management Engineering, 1995
Academic & Professional Experience
- Research Assistant, University of Minnesota (2000-2003).
- Teaching Assistant, University of Minnesota (1999-2003).
- SAP Consultant, Deloitte & Touche Consulting Group (ICS), (1998).
- Flynn, Barb B., Huang, X, and Zhao, X. (2014). âSupply Chain Management in Emerging Markets: Critical Research Issues.â Journal of Supply Chain Management. In Print.
- Gattiker, T., Carter, C., Huang, X., and Tate, W. (2014). âManagerial Commitment to Sustainable Supply Chain Management Projects.â Journal of Business Logistics, 35(4), 318-337.
- Dong, Y., Huang, X., Sinha, K.K., and Xu, K. (2014). âCollaborative Demand Forecasting: Toward the Design of an Exception-Based Forecasting Mechanisms.â Journal of Management Information Systems, 31(2), 245-284.
- Huang, X., Rode, J. C., & Schroeder, R. G. (2011). âOrganizational Structure and Continuous Improvement and Learning: Moderating Effects of Cultural Endorsement of Participative Leadership.â Journal of International Business Studies, 42(9), 1103-1120. Huang, X., Gattiker, T., & Schroeder, R. (2010). âDo Competitive Priorities Drive Adoption of Electronic Commerce Applications? Testing the Contingency and Institutional Views.â Journal of Supply Chain Management, 46(3), 57-69. Kristal, M. M., Huang, X., & Schroeder, R. G. (2010). âThe Effect of Quality Management on Mass Customization Capability.â International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 30(9), 900-922.
- Huang, X. & Finch, B. (2010). âSatisfaction and Dissatisfaction in Online Auctions: An Empirical Analysis.â International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management, 27 (8), 878-892.
- Huang,X., Kristal, M. M., and Roger G. Schroeder, "The impact of organizational structure on mass customization capability: A contingency view." Production and Operations Management, forthcoming.
- Kristal, M. M., Huang, X., & Roth, A. V. (2010). âThe Effect of an Ambidextrous Supply Chain Strategy on Combinative Competitive Capabilities and Business Performance.â Journal of Operations Management, 28(5), 415-429.
- Roth, A. V., Schroeder, R.G., Huang, X., and Kristal, M. M. (2008) Handbook of Metrics for Research in Operations Management: Multi-item Measurement Scales and Objective Items, Sage Publications.
- Huang,X., Kristal, M. M., and Schroeder, R. G. (2008) âLinking Learning and Effective Process Implementation to Mass Customization Capabilities.â Journal of Operations Management, 26(5). 714-729
- Huang,X., Gattiker, T. F., and Schwartz, J. L. (2008) "Initial Trust Formation in the Supply Chain: A Comparison of Face-to-Face Negotiation, Email Negotiation and Internet Reverse Auctions." Journal of Supply Chain Management, 44(3), 53-75.
- Huang,X., Gattiker, T. F., and Schroeder, R. G. (2007) âStructure-Infrastructure alignment: The relationship between TQM orientation and the adoption of supplier-facing electronic commerce among manufacturers.â Journal of Supply Chain Management, 44(1) 38-51.
- Gattiker, T., Huang, X., & Schwarz, J. L. (2007) "Negotiation, Email, and Internet Reverse Auctions: How Sourcing Mechanisms Deployed by Buyers Affect Suppliers' Trust." Journal of Operations Management, 25(1) 184-202.
Honors & Awards
- 2014: Best Reviewer Award, Decision Sciences Journal
- 2014: Associate Editor Appreciation Award, Journal of Supply Chain Management
- 2012: Endres Associate Professor Fellow
- 2011: Miami University Distinguished Scholar Award
- 2011: Outstanding Paper Award Winner at the Literati Network Awards for Excellence, International Journal of Operations & Production Management
- 2011: Best Paper Finalist Award, Journal of Operations Management
- 2010: Richard K. Smucker Junior Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence recipient.
- 2010: James Robeson Junior Faculty Award for Research Excellence recipient.
- 2010: Miami Alumni Association's Effective Educator Award nominee
- 2008: Harold E. Fearon Best Paper Award, Journal of Supply Chain Management
- 2008: Richard K. Smucker Junior Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence nominee
- Research: Supply Chain Management, Management of Technology, Service Operations Management, Operations Strategy
- Teaching: Supply Chain Management, Operations Strategy
Areas of Expertise
- Management of technology
- Service management
- Supply chain management
Xiaowen Huang is Bill Moeckel Business Professor and the Chair of the Management Department at the Richard T. Farmer School of Business, Miami University. Dr. Huang received her Ph.D. in Operations and Management Science from the University of Minnesota. After graduating, she has been teaching in the area of supply chain and operations management. Her research interest primarily revolves around understanding how companies can effectively deploy their supply chain, technology, and operations strategies to achieve competitive advantage. Her research appears in the Journal of Operations Management, Production and Operations Management Journal, Journal of Supply Chain Management, Journal of International Business Studies, International Journal of Operations & Production Management, Journal of Management Information Systems, Journal of Business Logistics, and other academic journals. Dr. Huang is also a co-author of the first empirical research handbook in the Operations Management field, “Handbook of Metrics for Research in Operations Management: Multi-item Measurement Scales and Objective Items,” and a winner of numerous teaching, research, and service awards.
- MGT 451 A 2:50PM- 4:10PM T R FSB 2037
- MGT 551 A 2:50PM- 4:10PM T R FSB 2037