Eric J. Marinich
Associate Teaching Professor
- Campus: Oxford
- Office: 2026
- Phone: 513.529.8283
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TR 2:45-5:15pm
- Others by appointment
- Curriculum Vita[PDF]*
* Accessible version of PDF available upon request.
- PhD, Michigan State University, Accounting, 2013
- MS, University of Cincinnati, Accounting, 2009
- BS, Miami University, Finance, 1999
Academic & Professional Experience
- Associate Teaching Professor, Miami University, 2021 - present
- Assistant Teaching Professor, Miami University, 2017 - 2021
- Assistant Professor, Miami University, 2013 - 2017
- Instructor, Michigan State University, 2011 - 2013
- Senior Accountant (Broker-Dealer), Thomas Weisel Partners, 2004 - 2006
- Accounting Specialist (Broker-Dealer), Red Capital Group, 2003 - 2004
- Accountant, Vitrix Inc., 1999 - 2003
- Marinich, E. 2020. Accounting Information Aggregation and Managerial Cooperation. Journal of Management Accounting Research 32 (3): 193-210.
- Gallani, S., Krishnan, R., Marinich, E. J., and M. D. Shields. 2019. Budgeting, Psychological Contracts, and Budgetary Misreporting. Management Science 65 (6): 2924-2945.
Honors & Awards
- KPMG Curriculum Development Grant, 2022
- Richard K. Smucker Teaching Excellence Award, 2020
- KPMG Curriculum Development Grant, 2020
- Miami University Department of Accountancy Summer Research Grant, 2018
- AAA-Deloitte-J. Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2011
- Ernst and Young Graduate Fellowship, 2008 -2013
Areas of Expertise
- Management Accounting
- Management Control Systems
- Managerial Judgment and Decision Making
Dr. Marinich joined the faculty of the Farmer School of Business in 2013. He teaches undergraduate and graduate-level courses in accounting. His research investigates the effects of managerial accounting on managers' judgments and decisions. Dr. Marinich is a Certified Management Accountant who earned his Ph.D. in Accounting at Michigan State University. He earned his MS in Accounting at the University of Cincinnati and his BS in Finance at Miami University.
Outside of work, Dr. Marinich enjoys travel and spending time with his dogs, Oscar and Bella.
- 222 A MW 1:15PM-2:35PM FSB 0025
- 222 B MW 2:50PM-4:10PM FSB 0025
- 222 C MW 4:25PM-5:45PM FSB 0025
- 222H A TR 1:15PM-2:35PM FSB 2049