Associate Dean for Educational Excellence & Professor of Accountancy
Office of the Dean
- Campus: Oxford
- Office: 3075E
- Phone: 513.529.6212
- Email: email@example.com
- FALL 2022Information to come
- Curriculum Vita[PDF]*
* Accessible version of PDF available upon request.
- Ph.D. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2007
- B.S. Purdue University, Accounting (with distinction), 1999
Academic & Professional Experience
- Department of Accountancy Chair, Miami University (2018-present)
- Acting Department of Accountancy Chair, Miami University (2017-2018)
- Professor, Accountancy, Farmer School of Business, Miami University (2017-present)
- Associate Professor, Accountancy, Farmer School of Business, Miami University. (2013-2017)
- Assistant Professor, Accountancy, Farmer School of Business, Miami University. (2008-2013)
- Instructor, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. (2003-2007)
- Teaching Assistant, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
- Staff & Senior Auditor, Ernst & Young, LLP. (2000-2002)
- Tax & Audit Intern, Ernst & Young, LLP. (1999)
Honors & Awards
- Richard D. and Anne Marie Irwin Fellowship
- The College of Business Outstanding Instructor Award for Teaching Assistants, 2005
- Fred H. Figge Distinguished Teaching Assistant Award in Accountancy, 2005
- Unofficial List of Teachers Rated as Excellent, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007.
- University of Illinois Graduate School of Business Fellowship, 2002-2007
- Research: Judgment and decision making research in accounting, focusing on auditing and managerial settings. I am particularly interested in examining how the current audit litigation environment affects the audit process and how specific changes to current audit liability laws might affect the litigation environment and thus the audit process.
- Teaching: Auditing, accounting control systems, assurance and attestation, intermediate financial accounting.
Areas of Expertise
- Audit litigation and the audit process
Andrew Reffett, Ph.D., joined the faculty at Miami in the Summer of 2008. Drew primarily teaches topics related to financial statement auditing, but has also taught intermediate financial accounting. Drew's research interest relate to factors that affect auditors' litigation and regulatory risk, and how those factors affect audit practice.
Drew currently serves as the chair of the Department of Accountancy.
- FALL 2022ACC 453 A, WF 8:30-9:50AM, FSB 0013ACC 453 B, WF 10:05-11:25AM, FSB 0013