Student Success

Supply chain major named 2024 Best & Brightest Business Major by Poets & Quants for Undergrads

Dougherty to work at West Monroe Partners after graduation

Head shot of Bridget
Student Success

A Farmer School of Business supply chain operations and management major has been named a 2024 Best & Brightest Business Major by Poets & Quants for Undergrads. Bridget Dougherty, a senior from Columbus, OH, will work as an energy and utilities consultant at West Monroe Partners after graduation.

Asked about her advice for students, Dougherty said "The people in your business school act as your family for the next four years, so get involved and start networking! Since much of business is interpersonal, I would recommend finding a mentor early in your business school experience. They could be a professor or an upperclassman, but make sure it is someone who is invested in your growth. I had a few close mentors that I met through clubs, and they completely changed my college experience. As you get older in your schooling career, don’t forget to give back to younger classmates as well!"

"One thing that has surprised me is the vast number of opportunities and career routes for business majors. My dad often told me, “everything is a business”, which helped me not limit myself to the opportunities I could have when looking for a future business career," Dougherty said. "Four years later, I feel prepared and empowered to use my two passions of business and environmental sustainability. Business is welcoming of career changes and exploration to help people find their passion, which is much different from the rigid mindset of business that is often perceived."

In addition to her SCOM degree, Dougherty will graduate with a master's degree in environmental science.

Learn more about Bridget here!