APA Doctoral Internship
Welcome to the Miami University Student Counseling Service (MU SCS) APA Accredited Doctoral Internship in Health Service Psychology. One of the most important factors of a successful internship year is the fit between interns and the goals of the training program. We hope you find our website helpful in assessing your fit with our site.
The MU SCS Internship Program is:
- Committed to creatively training psychologists for an ever changing world.
- Dedicated to enhancing our multicultural competence staff-wide and to creating a diversity embracing program.
The cornerstones of the MU SCS Internship are relationships and diversity. Our mentoring relationships, rooted in warmth, collaboration, and authenticity, assist interns in integrating their personal and professional identities.
The MU SCS training program emphasizes multicultural experiences and employs a diverse staff with expertise and interest in multicultural issues. In essence, we help interns become the psychologists they want to be.
The Miami University Student Counseling Service is deeply committed to the appreciation and celebration of diversity. We value students of all identities, including but not limited to those based on race, ethnicity, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, nationality and citizenship status, age, body shape/size, religion, spirituality, ability, and ideology.
We recognize the effects that discrimination, prejudice, and systemic issues of power and privilege can have on the life of a student. We strive to create a warm and welcoming environment where all students can feel supported, nurtured, and affirmed. As mental health professionals, we are trained to provide multiculturally informed services that meet the needs of all students while also honoring the uniqueness of each individual.
All counseling services are confidential and are not part of the student academic record.
- Applications are due on or before Friday, November 10, 2023. Interviews will be conducted in accordance with the latest APPIC guidelines and will occur virtually.
- The MU SCS Doctoral Internship in Health Service Psychology was accredited by APA in 2018 for 10 years, until 2028.
- We accept four full-time interns. We strongly encourage applications from diverse candidates committed to issues of diversity and social justice.
- For further information about accreditation, please contact the APA Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation by:
- Phone: 202-336-5979, or TDD/TTY: 202-336-6123
- Address: 750 First Street NE, Washington, DC 20002-4242
- SCS is enrolled in the APPIC Internship Matching Program and we adhere to the policy that no person at this training facility will solicit, accept, or use any ranking-related information from any intern applicant.
Contact for Student Counseling Service APA Doctoral Internship
Maria Carrubba-Whetstine, Ph.D.
Student Counseling Service
Clinical Health Services and Wellness Facility, Room 2035
Oxford, OH 45056