Choose Ohio First - Engineering Scholarships in Industry
About the Scholarship
Who Can Apply?
- Entering freshman student
- Admitted transfer students
- Students interested in a Graduate Certificate
- Be an Ohio resident
- Major in one of the following degree programs (List of Eligible Majors):
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Robotics Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Scholarship can be maintained with a change of major only within the aforementioned list of majors.
- Completion of the application form
Scholarship Selection and Renewal Criteria:
- The Scholarship is offered to students based on merit and financial need.
- This is a competitive scholarship, so the first consideration will be given to students with the highest GPA, test scores, and their interest in the eligible majors.
- Successful applicants are expected to participate in career development activities and support programs for academic enrichment.
- An applicant has to maintain a GPA of 3.0 and above in the intended eligible major.
- This scholarship can be renewed for up to three more years provided scholars maintain compliance with program requirements (3.0 GPA or higher) and funding continues through the Ohio Department of Higher Education.
- Students are encouraged to participate in faculty-mentored research or projects in the areas of Robotics, Automation, Process Control, and Advanced Manufacturing (Industry 4.0).
Dr. Fazeel Khan
Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering
Dr. Kumar Singh
Chair and Professor
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
The College of Engineering and Computing
Oxford, OH 45056