- Paper: newspaper, magazines, cardboard, mixed office paper and envelopes, paperboard (cereal boxes), pizza boxes free of food debris and grease, telephone books and catalogs.
- Paper Cups (remove/discard lids, straws and stoppers): Fast food beverage cups, coffee cups, Dixie cups
- Plastic Bottles (empty, crush, and reattach lid): Bottles and jugs that have a small mouth and wider base, such as milk jugs, soda bottles, laundry detergent bottles, water bottles, shampoo bottles and contact solution bottles.
- Plastic Tubs: Containers for butter, sour cream, cottage cheese, yogurt, Jello and fruit slices would fall into the tub category. Lids should be reattached prior to recycling.
- Plastic Cups (remove/discard straw, reattach lid): Fast food beverage cups.
- Cans: aluminum, steel, and bi-metal cans from beverages, food, soup
- Glass: bottles and jars from food and beverages.
- Cartons: food and beverage cartons, such as milk, juice, soup, wine, broth and other cartons.
In general, these types of materials are acceptable in Rumpke Recycling's residential programs. For a comprehensive list of acceptable items visit Rumpke Recycling.