The Art Center offers students, faculty, staff and community members a variety of opportunities to engage in creative activities. The Art Center's location in Phillips Hall consists of a ceramics/pottery studio, a digital photo lab, woodshop, and metals/jewelry/glass studio.
The Hiestand Galleries are visual laboratories that exhibit works by students, alumni, faculty, and artists on the national and international scale. Located in Hiestand Hall, both the North Gallery and the Robert E. and Martha Hull Lee Gallery are open Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The Cage Gallery, located in the basement of Alumni Hall, provides ongoing exhibits of professional as well as student work within Architecture + Interior Design.
The William T. and Dorothy R. Amos Music Library, located in the Center for the Performing Arts, is a division of the Miami’s library system. The Amos Library exceeds 4,000 square feet in size and houses the system's extensive music holdings. The constantly growing collection includes more than 14,000 books, 17,800 scores, 75 current periodical subscriptions, and the collected works of almost every major composer.
The Listening Center/lounge area, refurbished in 2006, features 12 workstations for computer and listening activities, in addition to 6 traditional listening stations. Recordings available in the Listening Center exceed 9,000 CD's and 8,000 vinyl discs.
The W. W. Wertz Art and Architecture Library is a branch of the Miami University Library system located in Alumni Hall. It includes holdings for art, architecture, landscape architecture, photography, and interior design. The library holds some 400 bound periodical titles of which 256 are currently received, a full complement of reference materials, approximately 60,000 books in an open stack storage system, and a valuable collection of rare books in secured storage.
The Miami University Art Museum has an energetic schedule of historic and contemporary exhibitions in its triangular galleries. Built in 1978 by Walter Netsch of Skidmore, Owings and Merrill, Chicago, the museum is situated on three acres of scenic sculpture park grounds, houses five galleries of changing exhibitions and a growing permanent collection of approximately 16,000 artworks.
The William Holmes McGuffey House is the second oldest building on Miami’s campus, completed in 1833. The museum is dedicated to the education of students in the greater community and presents an accurate historical representation of several periods of history ranging from the 1830s to the 1880s.
The Gates-Abegglen Theatre is located in the Center for Performing Arts, built in 1970. The theatre is a traditional proscenium theatre seating 385, holding Department of Theatre Mainstage shows and select Music department productions.
Studio 88 Theatre
Zimmerman Experimental Theatre “Studio 88,” houses at least two productions in the Theatre department’s SecondStage series, as well as other productions, classes, and workshops. Currently configured as a 3/4 thrust theatre, the space has flexible space seating of 115.
Souers Recital Hall
Sidney W. Souers Recital Hall provides an intimate performance space for the presentation of recitals and chamber ensemble concerts. The 150-seat hall features a spacious stage, a green room (suitable for use as both a warm-up room and reception area), and adjacent audio and recording facilities.
Hall Auditorium was completed in 1908, and renamed from the former Benton Hall in 1969 after Miami's fifth president, John W. Hall. A top-to-bottom renovation of the building was completed in 1992 with a seating capacity of 735. Hall Auditorium is the site for most of the Music department's major concerts, as well as many concerts produced and supported by the university's Performing Arts Series.
Built in the early 1970s and named in honor of Miami’s president from 1953-1964, John D. Millett Assembly Hall is the home of Miami RedHawk basketball, as well as the site of numerous university assemblies and performances. The capacity for basketball is 9,200 seats, while concert layouts vary from 2,900 seats for the Performing Arts Series to 10,857 for full concerts.
Schiewetz Fine Arts Plaza
The Schiewetz Fine Arts Plaza, a gift of Richard Schiewetz to honor his sisters—Betty Schiewetz Cromer ’41 and Mary Eleanor Schiewetz Flory ’39, is located on the north side of the Center for Performing Arts and adjacent to Hiestand Hall and the Art Building.