Presidential Fellows Program
Miami University, one of eight original Public Ivies, is regarded for its unparalleled commitment to undergraduate teaching and for providing students with robust, immersive, and transformative learning experiences. In keeping with its centuries-old tradition of academic excellence, Miami University is pleased to offer the Presidential Fellows Program, an elite scholarship opportunity that provides the brightest and best scholars and leaders of the 21st century with an unprecedented and exceptional college experience.
To be considered, apply to Miami University via the Common Application by 11:59 p.m. on Dec. 1. When indicating your interest for the Presidential Fellows Program, you must also indicate your interest for Miami's Honors College or the Prodesse Scholars Program.
Students will be reviewed based on their overall admission application and an interview with the scholarship selection committee.
Benefits for Presidential Fellows
- A four-year, renewable scholarship covering tuition, fees, housing, and meals.
- A one-time $5,000 academic enrichment stipend.
- Tailored programming for the Presidential Fellows cohort, including Miami's U-Lead Conference.
1. What costs will be covered by the Presidential Fellows Scholarship?
Your Presidential Fellows Program scholarship package will not cover winter/summer terms, university contract confirmation deposits, health insurance, health center fees, pharmacy charges, orientation, pre-enrollment or pre-admission testing fees, books, computers, supplies, or other necessities. It will also not cover other optional expenses such as MUlaa accounts, parking permits, parking fines, library fines, air conditioner rentals, and cell/telephone charges.
This list is not exhaustive and Miami University reserves the right to determine which charges may/may not be paid by the Presidential Fellows Program scholarship.
Please visit the Costs and Financial Aid pages, for more information on costs.
2. Which room and board plan does the scholarship cover?
The meal plan covers only food items or meals for yourself. It does not cover non-food items or food/meals purchased for others. You may make a different meal plan selection; however the difference in cost will be your responsibility to pay.
You will also be given room expenses up to the cost of a traditional double occupancy room in a residence hall for eight semesters. Presidential Fellows are guaranteed a room in Beechwoods Hall. Miami University provides refrigerators in each room on campus at no additional cost. You may make a different room selection; however the difference in cost will be your responsibility to pay.
3. If I live off campus, can I still receive the housing and meals portion of my scholarship?
4. What is covered under the enrichment fund?
As a Presidential Fellow, you will have access to an enrichment fund of up to $5,000. The fund can be used over the course of your four years at Miami and should enhance your educational experience at Miami. Presidential Fellows are encouraged to chart their own path and embark on exciting new academic challenges. Fellows may elect to use them for endeavors such as:
- Independent research study abroad or away
- Public service and/or community engagement initiatives
- Other enrichment activities approved by the Miami University Presidential Fellows Program Enrichment Fund Review Committee.
Fellows will have to submit an application to access their enrichment funds. The committee will review each application and determine the eligibility of each request. Unused funds are not refundable.
5. If I receive additional scholarships, how will this impact my Presidential Fellowship Scholarship package?
6. Am I eligible to apply my Presidential Fellows Scholarship to a study abroad program?
Your Presidential Fellows Scholarship may be used during a fall or spring semester of study abroad for the Luxembourg, faculty-led, co-sponsored, or exchange programs billed through Miami. Scholarship funds can only be used for billed tuition, fees, housing, and meals. Scholarships can only be used once for one semester of study abroad in a program (exception: specific program that only has a year option.)
Please visit the Education Abroad website for more information on study abroad programs.