Scholarships, Fellowships, Awards, and Internships
There are a number of both merit-based and need-based scholarship and award opportunities at the College of Arts and Science (CAS) for qualified students. For a good overview, visit Miami University's Paying for College web pages.
- CAS Hughes Internships: 10-week science-focused internships administered by the Departments of Biology, Chemistry & Biochemistry, and Microbiology
- Center for Public Management and Regional Affairs offers research experiences and local government internship programs.
- Ohio Public Leaders: Inside State and Local Government, where students learn the inner-workings of state and local government institutions
- Urban Leadership Internship Program is an integrated educational internship program at Miami University that combines professional practice, service-learning, and urban exploration.
- Journalism interns work with area newsrooms to develop new models for reporting and produce online content for Cox Ohio Newspapers, Cincinnati Public Radio, and the Cincinnati Business Courier. You can participate in a summer program in Kosovo, which includes an internship for an international, online news agency.
- CAS Scholarship, A general scholarship awarded from endowed funds in the CAS for high-performing students with high financial need
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship: A nationally competitive scholarship designed to help undergraduates with financial need to participate in summer and fall study abroad experiences, particularly in nontraditional countries
- Hannon Armstrong Foundation Climate Solutions Scholarship: This need-based scholarship, first announced in May 2021, was created with the Hannon Armstrong Foundation to help students pursue careers related to climate action and sustainability. It is administered at Miami University by the Institute for the Environment and Sustainability (IES).
- Mallory-Wilson Center for Healthcare Education provides various scholarships for pre-professional students in healthcare-related fields; sponsors and administers full immersion job shadowing (preceptorships) with practicing physicians, many of whom are Miami alumni.
Scholar Programs and Fellowships:
- Dean's Scholar Program encourages scholarly activity among Miami's best seniors, approximately 30 of whom are selected in the spring of their junior year
- Undergraduate Summer Scholars (USS), allowing students to spend a summer working on a research or creative project with a faculty mentor
- Geoffrion Family Fellows Program, which provides students the opportunity to explore advanced interdisciplinary scholarship through the Humanities Center
The College of Arts and Science
Representing nearly half of all students, the College of Arts and Science (CAS) is Miami University's largest division and the centerpiece of liberal arts — the wide range of subjects in the natural sciences, social sciences, and humanities crucial for the development of key professional skills desired by employers.