- We have a firm commitment to provide excellence in multicultural training; mentoring interns in developing a complex understanding of their own intersecting identities, competence in multicultural theory and skills, programming that contributes to a campus community that embraces and affirms diversity, and professional practice that reflects these values.
- Our interns are valued for their diverse and complex identities which enhance the vibrancy of our center.
- Interns who fit well with our center are those who emphasize socio-cultural exploration and are committed to social justice.
- Our site trains interns to become ethically and culturally sensitive psychologists who value life-long growth and learning.
- There are many levels at which interns may become involved in diversity work, from participating in outreach and consultation, becoming a part of DAWG (our diversity workgroup), and/or providing direct clinical service.
MU SCS Doctoral Internship in Health Service Psychology embraces the Council of Counseling Psychology Training Programs' Counseling Psychology Model Training Values Statement Addressing Diversity.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices.
Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found in Miami's annual safety report.
Criminal background check and endorsement of anti-terrorism statement required.
All campuses are smoke and tobacco free.