Miami Media Highlights, Sept. 13-Sept. 19
Miami Media Highlights, Sept. 13-Sept. 19
Spectrum News, Sept. 19: Area colleges seeing slight increase in enrollment
This news segment reports on area colleges, including Miami University, seeing an increase in enrollment.
Knoxpages, Sept. 19: Here’s how Ohio became the worst state for nursing home assistant shortages
This article reports on the nursing assistant shortage in Ohio. Robert Applebaum, professor of sociology and gerontology is quoted.
Lux Times, Sept. 19: Higher Education in Luxembourg
This article reports about higher education in Luxembourg profiles Miami University’s John E. Dolibois European Center in Luxembourg.
Yahoo News, Sept. 17: Miami University repeats as a top 50 school in latest national rankings
This article reports on Miami ranking among the top 50 schools in the nation by U.S. News and World Report. Gregory Crawford, President of Miami University and professor of physics, is quoted.
Additional reports on this topic appeared in:
- Journal News, Sept. 17: Miami University repeats as a top 50 school in the latest national rankings
NBC WLWT Ch. 5, Sept. 17: Around 100 new citizens sworn in at naturalization ceremony at Miami University
This news article reports on Miami hosting a naturalization ceremony on its Hamilton campus for new citizens. Additional reports on this topic appeared in:
- Daily Advent, Sept. 17: Around 100 news citizens sworn in at naturalization ceremony at Miami University
The Business Journals, Sept. 16: Expert View: Turns out, brands really do matter in higher education
This article reports on research conducted by Sina Esteky, assistant professor of marketing, about the placebo effect on academic coursework associated with strong brands.
NBC WLWT Ch. 5, Sept. 16: Miami works to keep COVID-19 cases down
This news segment reports on the lower number of COVID-19 cases among students this year and the steps Miami is taking to prevent the spread of the virus.
This article reports on Miami receiving $10k grant from Duke Energy for MU Teach program.
Cincinnati Enquirer, Sept. 15: Miami, NKU, Cincinnati State, Gateway partner to eliminate equity gap in higher education
This article reports on Miami being among four local colleges and universities partnering to join the “Moon Shot for Equity” program. President Gregory Crawford is quoted. Additional reports on this topic appeared in:
- WXIX, Ch. 19: Local colleges announcing a new partnership program called “Moon Shot for Equity”
- Spectrum News, Sept. 15: Colleges and universities team up to improve equity in Greater Cincinnati higher education
- WLWT Ch. 5, Sept. 15: Cincinnati colleges, universities join initiative to raise graduation rates for underserved students
- Yahoo News, Sept. 21: Southwest Ohio, northern Kentucky schools join to boost minority enrollment for higher education
- Higher Ed Highlights, Sept. 23: Ohio, Kentucky Join Moon Shot for Equity Effort
Journal News, Sept. 14: Miami Middletown unveils new robotics lab and program leader
This article reports on a newly opened state of the art robotics lab at Miami Regionals campus. Mert Bal, chair and associate professor of engineering tTechnology, and Meenakshi Narayan, assistant professor in engineering technology, are quoted. Additional reports on this topic appeared in:
- Government Technology, Sept. 14: Robotics Lab Training Future Workforce at Miami University
Soapbox Cincinnati, Sept. 14: Miami University president promotes campus sustainability action
This article reports on advancing sustainability through innovative solutions. Gregory Crawford, President of Miami University and professor of physics, is quoted.
Cincinnati Enquirer, Sept. 13: Here’s where Greater Cincinnati universities landed in U.S. News and World Report rankings
This article reports Miami ranking among the top 150 best colleges in the nation. Additional reports on this topic appeared in:
- Cincinnati Business Courier, Sept. 13: U.S. News says these local universities are among the best nationally
- Dayton Business Journal, Sept. 15: Here’s how Dayton-area schools fared in U.S. News’ latest college rankings
Cincinnati Business Courier, Sept. 13: This Cincinnati company ranks No. 1 among Forbes’ top employers in Ohio
This article reports on Miami being among Ohio’s top employers.