Miami University will host the “red brick” premiere of Miami's episode of the TV series "The College Tour," 6-7:30 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 6, at Taylor Auditorium in the Farmer School of Business.
The College Tour was created to empower high school students to virtually travel across America for an inside look at colleges and universities. Hosted by Amazing Race winner Alex Boylan, “The College Tour: Miami University” shows the university and Oxford through the eyes of current students, recent graduates, and faculty to provide an intimate look at life on campus.
The on-campus premiere, which is free and open to the community but requires an RSVP, will feature a welcome from President Crawford, the screening, and then a panel event with Miami students who are featured in the episode.
During the episode (*indicates their presence at the panel):
- *Julian Johnson ‘21 (majored in Psychology) highlights the many student service organizations at Miami and how to get involved;
- *Sophie Kullman ‘21 (majored in Media & Culture, Creative Writing, and Strategic Communications) highlights the college town atmosphere of Oxford and all its amenities;
- Alex Cox (junior studying Architecture and Urban/Regional Planning) highlights how Miami makes multiple academic experiences possible;
- *Nana Ofosu Hemaa (senior studying Psychology) highlights the Honors Program and opportunities for undergraduate research;
- *Emil Barr (sophomore studying Business Economics and International Studies) highlights the entrepreneurial spirit on campus;
- *Lydia Yamashiro (senior studying Biochemistry) highlights inclusivity on campus and how Miami creates space for all;
- Amitoj Kaur (junior studying Political Science and Emerging Technology for Business and Design) highlights Miami’s extensive career development resources and strong alumni network;
- *Hannah Leftkowitz (junior studying Social Work) highlights some special aspects of campus;
- Denali Selent (junior studying Engineering) and Jonathan Levy (director of the Institute for the Environment and Sustainability) highlight sustainability efforts and advancements as well as the connection between faculty and students; and
- Lexie Layne (junior studying Biology) highlights the Redhawks and school spirit.
"The College Tour is the show you wished you had when applying for colleges in high school," said Alex Boylan, executive producer, The College Tour. "We are leveling the playing field and providing a free, easy and fun way to tour some of the best schools across the country."