Ecampus News, Nov. 1: What’s next for higher ed’s digital transformation?
- David Seidl, vice president for information technology and CIO, is quoted in this article about the future of higher digital education.
Wallethub, Nov. 1: Ask the Experts
- Ask the Experts feature on car insurance includes Sanjay Puligadda, associate professor of Marketing.
Spectrum News, Nov. 5: Freedom Film Festival
- Cristina Alcalde, vice president of institutional diversity and inclusion, is quoted in this news broadcast about Miami University holding the Freedom Film Festival and honoring Hollywood producer Reg Hudlin for bringing Black images to the screen. Also in:
- Authors and Artists Magazine, Nov. 5: Miami bestows Freedom Summer Award on film producer and director
The Wall Street Journal, Nov. 5: When Will the Supply-Chain Strains Finally Ease?
- Lisa Ellram, University Distinguished Professor of Supply Chain and Operations Management, is quoted in this article about the broken supply chain and how it is affecting corporations and consumers.
- Miami University President Gregory Crawford is quoted in this article about Miami University’s Freedom Summer of ‘64 Award being given to Reginald Hudlin at the inaugural Freedom Film Festival. Also in:
- Black Enterprise, Nov. 8: Oscar-nominated, ‘Django Unchained’ film producer/director honored by Miami University for his work
- Black Media Daily, Nov. 8: Oscar-nominated, ‘Django Unchained’ Film Producer/Director Honored By Miami University For His Work
Volt, November 9: Triaging Our Talent
- Jaime Hunt, vice president and chief marketing/communications officer, writes about why higher ed should reprioritize to retain and attract top talent.
StreetBlogUSA, Nov. 11: Talking Headways Podcast: Streets are Not Just Pipes
- David Prytherch, professor of Geography, is interviewed in this podcast in which he discusses his recent journal article in Urban Geography, “Reimagining the physical/social infrastructure of the American street.”
The Rheumatologist, Nov. 14: Asymmetrical Laughter by a Provider Erodes Trust
- Article by Cameron Hay-Rollins, professor of Anthropology, about research conducted on asymmetrical laughter and medical providers.
High Snobiety.com, Nov. 15: Is fashion finally beginning to respect the intern?
- Megan Garhardt, professor of Management, is quoted in an article about fashion interns and how this generation in particular is less tolerant of the concept of an unpaid internship.
Forbes, Nov. 15: 15 Effective Examples Of Emotional Marketing Brands Can Learn From
- Jaime Hunt, vice president and chief marketing/communications officer, contributed examples of advertisements effectively utilizing emotional marketing.
ABC Radio International Counterpoint podcast, Nov. 15: Positive and Negative
- Nicholas Money, professor of Biology and director of the Western program, is interviewed in this podcast about his new book, Nature Fast and Slow: How Life Works, from Fractions of a Second to Billions of Years.
Washington Post, Nov. 16: Opinion: Inflation drives people nuts. When will Democrats wise up?
- John Forren, associate professor of Justice and Community Studies, is quoted in this op-ed about inflation in the United States.
Diverse Issues in Higher Education, Nov. 17: What lies ahead for U.S.-Aisa higher education partnerships?
- Jason Lane, dean of the College of Education, Health, and Society, is quoted in this article about mergers and partnerships between U.S. and Asian institutions.
The Washington Post, Nov. 17: Lawmakers advance bill to reduce wildfire impacts as climate change fuels more intense blazes
- Jessica McCarty, associate professor of Geography, is quoted in this article about the bills being sponsored to help reduce the losses from worsening wildfires in the United States. Also in:
- MSN, Nov.17: Lawmakers advance bill to reduce wildfire impacts as climate change fuels more intense blazers
- Research by Scott Dust, professor of Management, is featured in this article about the importance of workers taking sick days when working remotely.
Financial Times, Nov. 18: Empty shipping containers worsen stress on the U.S. supply chain
- Lisa Ellram, University Distinguished Professor of Supply Chain and Operations Management, is quoted in a story about the shipping container impact on the supply chain.
Inside Higher Ed, Nov. 19: A relationship forged from a rocky past
- Feature story about the 50-year-old relationship between Miami University and the Miami Tribe of Oklahoma. Quotes Joshua McCoy, president of the Native American Student Association; Kara Strass, director of Miami Tribe relations; Daryl Baldwin, executive director of the Myaamia Center; and Miami Tribe student Stella Beerman.
Cincinnati Business Courier, Nov. 24: Universities offer far more than just a diploma, career path
- Michael Conger, associate professor of Entrepreneurship, authored this story about how Miami University provides much more than just access to a diploma through examples such as Miami University’s John W. Altman Institute for Entrepreneurship, Miami’s Social Innovation Weekend, and Miami’s Social Impact Fund.