Miami University’s board of trustees approved the addition of a new major, Cybersecurity and Networking. The new major, a Bachelor of Science in the Department of Computer and Information Technology, will welcome students in fall 2023.
Additionally, the name of the Richard M. McVey Data Science Building, currently under construction, has been amended to McVey Data Science.
The trustees also:
- Approved the naming of the Gonzalez Center for Analytics and Data Science Lab to be housed in McVey Data Science.
- Approved the naming of the Jo Harker Study Room located in the Armstrong Student Center.
- Approved the naming of the Eugenia Mills Faculty/Staff Office in University Hall on the Hamilton campus.
- Approved changes to the Tenure Track and Promotion policy.
- Approved to increase the TCPL Cap in the College of Arts and Science from 20% to 29%.
- Approved the use of Reimbursable Funds from Bonds used for the purpose of Capital Expenses.
- Approved the Finance and Audit Committee Charter Amendment to provide an increased amount of analysis for the proposed budget ahead of the June 2023 meeting.
- Bestowed the rank of 17 emerita/emeriti upon upcoming retirements.
- Appointment of University Distinguished Professors to Brett Smith and Michael Vanni.
- Award of tenure to Matthew Moore, associate professor and chair of Family Science and Social Work (beginning August 2023).
- Welcomed incoming Associated Student Government (ASG) president, Nyah Smith.
The next meeting of the Miami University Board of Trustees is scheduled for June 21-23, 2023.