- Ph.D. Public Adinistration & Policy, The University of Georgia
- M.A. Finance, University of Florida
- B.B.A. Finance, Middle Tennessee State University (Summa Cum Laude)
Work in Progress
Dr. Williamson’s research focuses on housing policy, community development, and citizen participation.
Her articles appear in journals such as Urban Affairs Review, Social Science Quarterly, International Journal of Public Administration, Journal of Poverty, and Journal of Community Practice.
Her work in preparation addresses the application of the role of the collective impact model for community change in programs addressing homelessness among students in grades K-12.
- (2020). “The LIHTC Program, Racially or Ethnically Concentrated Areas of Poverty and High-Opportunity Neighborhoods.” with Kirk McClure, Hye-Sung Han, and Brandon Weiss. Texas A & M Property Law Journal. 6(2): 89-111.
- (2015). “Minority Representation and Political Efficacy in Public Meetings.” with Michael J. Scicchitano, Social Science Quarterly. 96(2): 576-587.
- (2014). “Emerging from the Great Recession: The View from Local Government.” State and Local Government Review. 46(4): 232-235.
- (2014). “Public Meetings as Sources of Citizen Input: Comparing Attendees with Citizens at Large.” The Social Science Journal. 1(2): 191-200.
- (2014). “Dimensions of Public Meeting Participation: Evidence from Florida’s Truth-in-Millage Act” with Michael J. Scicchitano, Urban Affairs Review. 50(1): 134-146.
- (2011). “Can They Afford the Rent? Resident Cost Burden in Low Income Housing Tax Credit Developments.” Urban Affairs Review. 46(6): 775-799.
- (2010). “Public Organizations as Principals in an Era of New Governance: Evidence from the U.S. Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program.” International Journal of Public Administration. 33(11): 551-563.
- (2009). “Housing Choice Vouchers, the Low Income Housing Tax Credit, and the Federal Poverty Deconcentration Goal.” with Marc T. Smith and Marta Strambi-Kramer, Urban Affairs Review. 45(1): 119-132.
- (2008). ”The Low Income Housing Tax Credit and Inner City Revitalization." with Marc T. Smith, Housing and Society. 35(1): 129-142.
- (2008). “A Decent Home for Every Family? Housing Policy Initiatives since the 1980s.” with Sondra J. Fogel and Marc T. Smith, Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare. 35(1): 175-196.
- (2008). “Owning a Home: New Opportunities and Challenges for Low-Income Women.” with Sondra J. Fogel and Marc T. Smith, Journal of Poverty. 12(1): 102-123.