Assistant Teaching Professor
Professor Sandy Leventen is an Assistant Teaching Professor for the Physician Associate Studies program. She has been a full-time clinician in Emergency and Trauma for more than a decade. While working in this position, she has gained experience treating complex acute and chronic medical conditions and traumatic injuries. She recognizes the value of the whole patient experience, including not only the presenting patient condition, but the dynamics of the patient-provider relationship, and interpersonal relationships between the broader patient care team.
Over her years of clinical practice, Professor Leventen has had the privilege of serving as a clinical mentor and preceptor to many physician assistant/associate colleagues and students. It has been this role that most fostered the desire to mentor students early in their academic journey and transitioned to a full-time professor while continuing her clinical practice. She is excited to embark on this new life path and provide high-quality PA education to future students.
Education and Training:
- MPAS Kettering College – Physician Assistant Studies (2012)
- BA Miami University – Zoology (2009)
Clinical Practice Experience:
- Atrium Medical Center Emergency Trauma Center--Miami Valley Emergency Specialists (Formally TeamHealth and Premier Physician Services), 2012 - present
- Lead Midlevel Provider—Atrium Medical Center Emergency Trauma Center (TeamHealth), October 2015 - December 2020
- Ross Urgent Care—TriHealth, May 2017 - January 2020
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Basic Life Support