2016 MIAMI UNIVERSITY CONFERENCE ON THE TEACHING OF LANGUAGES (MUCTL)
This Year's Theme: Innovation and Language Learning and Assessment
• Attend sessions designed to enhance the teaching experience
• Learn about current trends in language teaching and assessment
• Share language teaching experiences for today’s classroom
• Network with experienced and new language teachers
• All languages welcome: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Latin, Russian, Spanish, etc.
Friday, October 14th, 2016, 7:45 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Miami University Voice of America Learning Center
7847 VOA Park Drive, West Chester, OH 45069
Co-sponsored by: the Department of Spanish and Portuguese (SPN); Department of Teacher Education (EDT), School of Education, Health, and Society (EHS)
Keynote Speaker: Francis John Troyan is Assistant Professor of World Language Education at The Ohio State University in Columbus. His teaching and research focus on foreign language teacher development and genre and functional linguistics in K-12 foreign language education. His research has appeared in The Canadian Modern Language Review, Foreign Language Annals, and Language and Sociocultural Theory. He is a co-author of Implementing Integrated Performance Assessment.
Selected Topics: Project-Based Learning, Cultural Practices and Perspectives, Integrated Performance Assessments (IPAs), Curriculum Development, Technology to Promote Standards, and more.
To register: https://MiamiUniversity.cvent.com/MUCTLFall2016