Graduate School Options
Get Career Advice
After completing undergraduate studies, a student may wish to obtain a higher degree of education than a bachelor’s degree. Before committing to graduate school, a student should carefully consider a number of questions:
- What are my goals?
- Is graduate study necessary to attain those goals?
- Am I simply delaying my career decision-making?
Below are some resources for those considering graduate school.
- Graduate School Application Checklist
- Admittance Tests (administered through the Office of Student Affairs in Warfield Hall)
- CLEP (College Level Examination Program) - nationally standardized testing. Miami University invites students to earn through examination, course credit which can be used to meet requirements for graduation. This invitation is offered as an alternative to Departmental Proficiencies and Advanced Placement programs.
- GRE (General test) - a computer-based exam offered through Prometric Testing, 11353 Reed Hartman Hwy., Blue Ash, Ohio. Phone: 513-671-7030.
- GRE (Specific subject) - a paper and pencil test administered on the Miami University campus on designated dates throughout the academic year. For more information and to register online, see the ETS website at www.GRE.org.
- LSAT - for information and to register online, see www.lsac.org
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT) - a computer-based exam, administered on the Miami University campus. To register, contact the Office of Student Affairs at 513-529-4631.
- Miller Analogies Test Practice: Each analogy question should take approximately 30 seconds. Our mini tests have 15 questions to be completed in approximately 8 minutes.
- Peterson’s Directory of Graduate and Professional Schools
- The Graduate Guide
- Graduate School Entrance Exam Preparation (registration through an on-campus computer is required. To access the practice tests once you have created an account, click on the “College Students” button on the left hand side of the home page. Then, scroll down on the page that opens up and click on “Graduate School Entrance Exams Preparation".)