Student Success Center
The Student Success Center (SSC), located in the Campus Avenue Building, focuses on advocacy, problem-solving, and retention. With the goal of increasing student persistence to graduation, the staff helps students untangle and resolve complex problems and provides assistance with navigating University policies and procedures.
Examples of the many ways in which the SSC supports students’ Miami experience include:
- Using data to inform strategic and intentional outreach to students who are not registered for classes and/or who are thinking about withdrawing from the institution.
- Providing a neutral place for students to talk through cross-divisional questions and concerns, including academic options in all colleges and schools.
- Helping students create an action plan to resolve issues (personal, medical, academic, familial, or other) that affect their academic and/or social success.
- Connecting students to a variety of on-campus and off-campus resources.
- Serving as a central point of contact for special student populations.
Committed to ensuring the success of every Miamian, the SSC serves as a resource for all students. Additionally, staff provide targeted outreach and assistance to a number of special student populations including:
- Active military, veterans, and benefit-eligible dependents of active military and veterans
- Commuter students
- First-generation college students
- Foster care alumni and emancipated youth
- Homeless students
- Low-SES students
- Non-traditional age students
- Students with dependent children
- Transfer and relocation students