Students from Other Institutions

Not a Miami University student? You are still welcome to apply to participate in the Miami University Dolibois European Center (MUDEC) program. Be sure to check with the study abroad office at your home university to find out their process for transferring credit from study abroad programs. Upon completion of the program and coursework, students will receive a transcript from Miami University.

Applying to MUDEC

To apply, complete the following steps:

  1. Complete the MUDEC application. There are some items in this application that cannot be completed until other steps below have been addressed. Complete all of the study abroad application items that you are able to complete before proceeding to the next steps.
  2. In addition to the MUDEC application, complete the Visiting or Transient application for Miami University's Office of Admission.
  3. Mail the following items to the Office of Admission (301 S. Campus Avenue, Oxford, OH 45056-3434):
    1. Transient application
    2. $50 transient application fee (which is separate from the $25 Luxembourg Program application fee)
    3. Official transcript of record that includes the first grading period of the current academic year

Please note: To be considered for admission to the MUDEC program, you must first provide a Letter of Acceptance to Miami University issued by the Miami Office of Admissions. Once the MUDEC Office receives this letter, we will make an admission decision for your application, provided all other items are complete. Contact the Luxembourg Coordinator if you have questions about this process.


Advising meetings for students from other institutions can be conducted over the telephone or by web video conference. To schedule an appointment, call (513-529-8600) or email (

We understand that it can be difficult to navigate two different university systems, that of the home institution and Miami. We will do everything we can to assist, but it is highly recommended that students from other institutions consult with their home study abroad office to understand what processes are required to be permitted to study abroad on a non-institutional program.