Miami's trustees approve promotions, tenure, and renovations
Miami University’s board of trustees approved the promotion and/or tenure to 37 faculty members and one librarian.
Miami University’s board of trustees approved the promotion and/or tenure to 37 faculty members and one librarian at its March 3 meeting. This action takes effect July 1.
“We're grateful that you have chosen to have a career here at Miami University,” said Mary Schell, chair of the Miami University Board of Trustees. “We are very proud of your accomplishments and wish you continued success.”
Miami will move forward with the renovation of Bachelor Hall, which will house the Departments of English; History; Media, Journalism, and Film; Religion; Philosophy; the American Culture and English program; the Ohio Writing Project; and the Humanities Center. Enabling projects as part of the approved pre-construction services will begin late summer of 2023.
Additionally, a series of summer renovation projects will take place on Morris, Emerson, and Tappan Halls as part of the Long Range Housing Master Plan. The first of these projects is the Tappan Hall ventilation improvements slated to begin May 15.
The trustees also:
- Granted emeritus status to one administrator.
- Approved the naming of the Schumacher Student Media Suite located in the Armstrong Student Center and the WestRock Classroom located in the Engineering Building.
- Approved award of tenure to four new faculty members upon appointment: William Ederington, professor of economics; Anne Williamson, associate professor of political science; Sarah Larson, associate professor of political science; Judy Alston, chair and professor of educational leadership.
- Reappointed Biff Bowman for a second three-year term as a National Trustee.
- Read a resolution of appreciation for student trustee Dawson Cosgrove, whose appointment expired on Feb. 28.