Search begins for new dean of the College of Creative Arts
A committee has been created to begin a national search for a new dean of the College of Creative Arts to replace Elizabeth Mullenix, who now serves as provost and executive vice president of Academic Affairs
Miami University has launched a national search for the next dean of its College of Creative Arts (CCA). This position was most recently held by Elizabeth Mullenix, who served as dean of CCA for nearly 10 years until being appointed interim provost and executive vice president of academic affairs and later selected for the position permanently in December 2022.
John Weigand, Professor and Associate Dean of CCA, has served as interim dean since June 2022. Miami has engaged an executive search firm, Storbeck Search and Associates, to assist in the search.
The provost has appointed a search committee which is chaired by Jason Lane, Dean of the College of Education, Health, and Society. Other members include:
- Jason Busch, President Elect of CCA Advisory Board;
- Tammy Kernodle, University Distinguished Professor of Music;
- Todd Stuart, Associate Teaching Professor of Arts Management;
- Eric Hodgson, Assistant Professor of Emerging Technology in Business and Design;
- Mary Rogero, Chair and Associate Professor of Architecture and Interior Design;
- Marly Wooster, Assistant Professor of Theatre;
- Andrew Casper, Associate Professor of Art;
- Patti Liberatore, Director of the Performing Arts Series and Assistant Dean of External Relations;
- Micah Current, Senior Program Assistant, CCA Dean’s Office;
- Kieran McNamara, graduate student in Music Performance; and
- Sydney Marcum, undergraduate student, Architecture major.
“We are excited to begin the search process for this vital CCA/University leadership role,” Mullenix said. “I’m thankful to Dean Lane and the excellent search committee for leading the charge to find the next Dean of CCA. I encourage members of the Miami community to engage in the search process.”