Undergraduate Research Forum
Miami University's 30th Annual Undergraduate Research Forum
April 26, 2024
Shriver Center, 701 E. Spring St., Oxford, OH 45056
Miami's celebration of collaborative learning builds on a rich tradition, of showcasing scholarly and creative works conducted by our undergraduate students, under the guidance of dedicated mentors (faculty, staff, and graduate students).
Miami's Undergraduate Research Forum website displays presentation materials (a project abstract and gallery-walk images from the slides, an image(s) of the poster or the ten-minute talk presentation, etc.). Open to the public, the site is searchable by research topic/ student major, participant names, keywords, STEM, etc.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the success of this Amazing Event. In addition to the poster presentations, over 35 undergraduates were engaged in Ten-minute talk presentations. We appreciate the Miami Graduate students who served as session moderators and staffed the Poster Sessions Check In.
Centers and Offices Who Support Undergraduate Research
- Cecilia Berg Center for Environmental Education
- Center for Advanced Microscopy and Imaging (CAMI)
- Center for Analytics and Data Science (CADS)
- Center for Bioinformatics and Functional Genomics
- Center for Career Exploration and Success
- Center for Neuroscience and Behavior
- Center for School-Based Mental Health Programs
- Center for the Study and Support of Children and Families of the Incarcerated (CSSCFI)
- Doris Bergen Center for Human Development, Learning, and Technology (CHDLT)
- Geospatial Analysis Center
- Global Health Research Innovation Center: The R-silence Project
- Global Initiatives — Global Readiness Certificate Program
- Global Initiatives National Fellowships
- Graduate School
- Scripps Gerontology Center
- Sociology and Gerontology Department
- University Libraries
What happens the day of the event?
The 2023 Undergraduate Research Forum on Wednesday, April 19, will be an in-person event free and open to the public. Join us at Miami's Shriver Center (701 E. Spring St, Oxford OH). The date coincides with the National Undergraduate Research week, April 17-21. Email questions to email@example.com.
The 2023 UR forum features poster presentations, ten-minute talks, a showcase of research centers, and a featured exhibit on “telling your research story” in the Shriver Center Lobby.
Three 90-minute poster sessions in the John Dolibois Rooms Shriver 2nd Floor. Presenters will be with the poster during the entire 90-minute session.
- Session A, 9:00 - 10:30 am
- Session B, 1:00 - 2:30 pm
- Session C, 3:00 - 4:30 pm
Four Ten-minute talk sessions in the Bystrom and Caroline Scott rooms in Shriver Center on the 3rd floor.
- Session I, 9:30 - 10:30 am
- Session II, 10:45 - 11:45 am
- Session III, 1:15 - 2:15 pm
- Session IV, 2:30 - 3:30 pm
Schedule of Events
"Telling Your Research Story" Featured Exhibit All Day [9:00a-4:30p]- Shriver Center Foyer
Morning Events [9 - Noon]
- [900-10:30 am] Poster Presentations Session A - John Dolibois Room
- [900-10:30 am] Miami University Centers and Research Support - John Dolibois Room
- [930-10:30 am] Session I Ten-minute Talk Presentations Bystrom-Reid and Caroline Scott Rooms, Shriver Center 3rd Floor
- [10:45-11:45 am] Session II Ten-minute Talk Presentations Bystrom-Reid and Caroline Scott Rooms, Shriver Center 3rd Floor
- [11:00-11:45 am] Panel Discussion "Telling Your Research Story" Heritage Room 3rd Floor Shriver Center
Afternoon Events [Noon - 4:30 pm]
- [12:00-12:15 pm] Library Award for Undergraduate Research Excellence (LAURE) Winners Celebration Heritage Room 3rd Floor Shriver Center
- [12:15-1:00 pm] Panel Discussion “Beyond Undergraduate Research- From Imagination to Impact" Heritage Room 3rd Floor Shriver Center
- [1:00-2:30 pm] Poster Presentations Session B [John Dolibois Room]
- [1:00-2:30 pm] Miami University Centers and Research Support Showcase [John Dolibois Room
- [1:15-2:15 pm] Session III Ten-minute Talk Presentations [Bystrom-Reid and Caroline Scott Rooms, Shriver Center 3rd Floor]
- [2:30-3:30 pm] Session IV Ten-minute Talk Presentations [Bystrom-Reid and Caroline Scott Rooms, Shriver Center 3rd Floor]
- [3:00-4:30 pm] Poster Presentations Session C [John Dolibois Room]
- [3:00-4:30 pm] Miami University Centers and Research Support Showcase [John Dolibois Room]
Around April 18, Miami University's UR Forum website will display Scheduled Presentations (including brief descriptions and a “gallery walks” and poster images. Use the site’s navigation menu to find projects by specific students, faculty, and graduate advisors or by discipline or key terms.
Miami's 29th Annual Undergraduate Research Forum offers student researchers an opportunity to engage with the wider university community and public audiences. Each spring Miami celebrates the accomplishments of undergraduate students and of their faculty and graduate student mentors. Their research may have been conducted as part of a class, an independent study, a community project, service-learning projects, creative projects, etc.
How to get Your Poster Printed in Oxford Ohio
Poster Board Cork section dimensions are 4'x6'. Push pins will be provided for you to display your poster during your session.
Visit the Oxford Copy Shop website and click on the Printing Tab, then on Posters. You can download a PowerPoint template and get a quote for printing your poster.