This list is designed to help you keep track of the steps you have taken and what you may still need to do. It’s best to plan ahead as some of these items require gathering and submitting paperwork prior to the start of school.
1. Complete the VONAPP to apply for your education benefits or change your program/place of training if you attended another school using the G.I. Bill. All students (including regional campuses) should list 301 S. Campus Ave, Room 121 Oxford, Ohio 45056 as your place of training. You can find a wealth of information, as well as the application for benefits, at the GI Bill website. Chapter 33/Post 9/11 only – Send a copy of your certificate of eligibility from VA to Kriss Ross in the Office of the Bursar via fax at 513.529.3239 or mail at Office of the Bursar ATTN: Kriss Ross, 103 Campus Ave. Building, Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056 . You may experience a delay in payment from VA if you do not provide this information.
2. Apply for admission. As a military service member with credits from your training, you will apply as a transfer student. The $50 application fee is waived for Veterans and Military Personnel l. No fee waiver is necessary.
3. Complete Fall/Spring (or Summer) enrollment form annually. Until this form is completed, Miami is unable to submit your enrollment to VA for payment of your benefits.
4. Make sure you have all your transcripts available, whether military or from another school.
5. Apply for Ohio residency, if needed. The Ohio GI Promise guarantees in-state tuition to veterans as long as they meet the requirements. The Residency reclassification application and all supporting documentation must be received by the Registrar’s Office at least three (3) full weeks prior to the 1 st day of classes of the academic semester for which you are applying : Ohio G.I. Promise.
6. If you are out-of-state and have 100% Post-9/11 G.I. Bill eligibility, you may qualify for the Yellow Ribbon program. Miami University is a Yellow Ribbon school. Yellow Ribbon scholarships are limited and made available on a first come, first served basis per VA regulations. Please contact the financial aid office for further details.
7. If your dependent/spouse is attending Miami and utilizing your Post-9/11 education benefits, review the instructions on how to transfer your benefits.