Students interested in pre-law should review Miami's Pre-Law Advising Guide, which includes detailed information for pre-law students on:
The Pre-Law Program advisors provide guidance to students about the law school admissions process. This includes tailored advice about the different law school options available to each student, how to prepare for the Law School Admission Test (LSAT), ways to improve personal statements, as well as alternative career options.
In addition, make an appointment with a Pre-Law Program advisor if you have questions about:
- Exploring legal careers/majors
- Planning for law school
- The LSAT
- Researching law schools
- Questions about law school admissions
- Personal Statement/Resume Reviews
Scheduling an Appointment
Call (513) 529-0877 or email prelaw@MiamiOH.edu.
- During peak times (October-November) when seniors are preparing their applications, please understand that our advisors may get booked up quickly. If you are a first or second year student, please consider registering for PLW 101 in the fall semester and/or waiting to schedule an appointment until the spring semester.
- If you are a senior who is coming in for a personal statement or resume review, please be sure to email a copy of the document to be reviewed at least 2-3 business days prior to your appointment. Please refer to Miami's Pre-Law Advising Guide for personal statement and resume review policies.
Subscribing to the Pre-Law listserv
Students on the listserv receive Pre-Law Program newsletters and emails regarding pre-law programming.
To subscribe, email prelaw@MiamiOH.edu and request to be added to the Pre-Law listserv.