Internship and Job Search
LinkedIn Alumni Tool
The Center for Career Exploration and Success offers many resources to help students find internships and jobs. Your Career Advisor is always available to show you which materials may be most relevant to your internship and job search.
- No one job search resource captures all the internships or jobs that are available to you;
- Employers in different industries post their internships and jobs in different places —sometimes on Miami CAREERlink (mobile ready), sometimes on their own websites and sometimes on sites that are specific to a major or field of study;
- The majority of internships and jobs available through our career fairs are not posted on Miami CAREERlink (mobile ready), but are shared with students through the Career Fair website and career fair booklets;
- Many internships and jobs are never posted anywhere and are only available through networking, job shadowing and informational interviews.
- Use the Career Center’s internship search timetable checklist and job search timetable checklist to support you through your specific search.
So, as you search through the resources listed below, don’t feel discouraged if you can’t find the opportunities you’re looking for in any one particular internship or job search resource.
A database of full-time, part-time, seasonal and internship positions filtered and maintained by The Center for Career Exploration and Success. Miami CAREERlink lists positions from local, national, and international organizations. It’s also the first place to check for fairs, interviews, and other career-related events on campus. Miami CAREERlink is accessible to students through mobile devices as well.
Internet-based Job and Internship Search Resources
A compilation of links to help students find internships and jobs. The links are categorized by major and specific-career interest and include regional and international job sites. These are key resources for students who are not majoring in business or engineering.
- General Job and Internship Boards
- Areas of Interest for College of Arts and Science Majors
- Areas of Interest for College of Creative Arts Majors
- Areas of Interest for College of Education, Health and Society Majors
- Areas of Interest for College of Engineering and Computing Majors
- Areas of Interest for Farmer School of Business Majors
What Can I Do With This Major?
Learn about the typical career paths for students with your major and the types of employers that hire graduates with your major, as well as strategies to make you a more marketable candidate by articulating the value of your major. Continue your research on majors and careers through major-specific links.
Vault’s Career Insider
Provides in-depth intelligence on what it’s really like to work in an industry, company or profession — and how students can position themselves to land that perfect job. Vault’s influential company rankings, ratings and reviews are sourced and verified through ongoing directed surveys of active employees and enrolled students. Student ID and password required.
Miami sponsors one of the largest career fairs for a public institution of Miami's size. The university also holds special career fairs, including ones for internships, teachers, architects and designers. By attending fairs you can gain information about companies, drop off your resume and discuss specific opportunities with recruiters, or just make employer contacts for the future. Review the career fair websites to see the employers that typically attend Miami's fairs. Look for notices on email and twitter about upcoming on-campus and virtual career fairs.
LinkedIn is the leading professional network on the Web. Your LinkedIn profile is an important supplement to your resume. Having a LinkedIn account and a complete LinkedIn profile allows you to connect with classmates, alumni, faculty/staff, and industry professionals for networking purposes, and to find new opportunities for internships and full-time positions.
The number of career resources can be overwhelming, but there are internship and job search strategies and internship and job search resources appropriate for every student, no matter what your major or career goal might be. If you need help or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with your Career Advisor on Miami CAREERlink.