Miami's financial aid packages are processed in the following manner:
1. Scholarship(s) are awarded to eligible students. (No separate application is required.) For more information about scholarships, access MiamiOH.edu/scholarships.
2. Federal Pell Grants are awarded to eligible students based on their Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
3. If a FAFSA was filed by Miami's priority deadline (new first-year students by Feb 15 and returning students by Mar 15), University-administered need-based aid, grants, and scholarships are awarded within the limits of available funds and eligibility critieria.
4. Federal Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant is awarded to eligible students meeting grant criteria.
5. Federal Direct Stafford Loans are awarded to students based on federal eligibility guidelines. For information about these loans, access MiamiOH.edu/loans.
Students awarded financial aid receive notification of their awards. The award package includes all available funds.