Students interested in admission should visit Miami Admissions for general information, applications, and deadlines. There is no additional application necessary to apply for a biology major.
Applicants to the Biology and Botany Graduate Programs:
Applicants must have all forms (including those required by the Graduate School) no later than January 1st. Applications will be accepted after January 1st; however, late applications may not receive full consideration. All applications are considered for fall admission.
Students are strongly advised to personally contact potential faculty advisors before January 1st. Applicants without a faculty sponsor will not be considered for admission to the Biology or Botany Graduate Programs.
All Applicants (Domestic & International):
Apply online to the Miami University Graduate School according to the instructions for domestic or international applicants. As part of your online application you will provide:
- An application fee of $50 as part of the online application;
- The names and contact information of three people who will write letters of recommendation;
- Official copies of your transcripts;
- Official copies of recent TOEFL scores if your native language is not English (International Students only);
- Official copies of your general GRE scores (you may apply before completing the GRE exam, but you will not be considered for admissibility to the program until an official copy of your score report is received);
- A copy of your resume/CV;
- A statement about the area of biology or botany in which you intend to specialize and your career objectives.
Applicants to the CMSB and EEEB Graduate Programs:
For information on the application process for the graduate program in Cellular, Molecular and Structural Biology (CMSB)
For information on the application process for the PhD program in Ecology, Evolution and Environmental Biology (EEEB)