Applicants must meet two sets of criteria:
- The Graduate School's minimum requirements for admission which are outlined on this page.
- The graduate department's minimum requirements which are program specific and more rigorous. For more information about the program specific requirements go to Programs by Subject.
- Submit an online application and pay a non-refundable $50 application fee. If you have limited internet access, you may request a paper application by contacting the Graduate School at email@example.com.
Baccalaureate or Professional Degree
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75 out of 4
- Applicants for graduate study must have earned at least a US equivalent Baccalaureate degree. Applicants must submit 1 copy of their academic record/transcript at the time of application. We accept unofficial documents at the time of application.
- If you are admitted to Miami University, you must have an official final transcript from your Baccalaureate institution and all schools attended after receiving your Baccalaureate sent directly to the Graduate School in order to register for classes. Photocopies and notarized copies of academic records are not accepted as official. Documents can be certified as true copies by a U.S. Consular official or by a recognized educational authority in the applicant's home country. Records issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a literal (not interpretive) certified English translation.
- Most programs require additional application materials such as a personal statement, writing sample, or test scores (e.g., GRE, GMAT). To learn what supplemental materials you will need to submit with your application, please contact the graduate director of the program to which you are applying.
- If your program requires the GRE and you have financial need, ETS offers reduced test fees for some students. Contact ETS for additonal information.
- If you want to be considered for a graduate award or any other funding, you may indicate this on the application.
- Deadline dates vary for graduate departments, so we strongly encourage you to contact your graduate department directly for more information. All application materials must be received by the deadline date for your application to be reviewed for admission.