NROTC National Scholarship
NROTC National Scholarships are conducted with your local Navy and Marine Corps Officer Recruiter.
NROTC Presidential Preparatory Scholarship
NROTC Presidential Preparatory Scholarship is reviewed and conducted with NROTC Unit Miami University.
5-year Scholarship (Presidential NROTC Preparatory Scholarship + 4-year National Scholarship)
The Miami University Presidential NROTC Preparatory Scholarship provides prospective students interested in STEM majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) an additional year to ensure program completion at a manageable credit load.
Miami University will provide in-state tuition, fees, and room & board for 1 year NROTC preparation program as Midshipmen Candidates. Provided the candidates meet the criteria listed below they will be awarded the NROTC National Scholarship for up to 4 additional years at Miami University.
Successfully complete a Department of Defense medical exam and NROTC indoctrination training
- Maintain greater than a 2.8 GPA
- Pass the Navy's Physical Fitness Assessment once a semester with a score of "Good Low" or better
- Maintain good standing* within the NROTC unit
- October 10th, 2022: Applications Open
- February 17th, 2023: Applications are Due
- February 24th, 2023: Applicants will be notified if they are selected for an interview.
- March 1st - March 10th, 2023: Interviews will be conducted.
- March 20th, 2023: Scholarship awardees will be notified on or after this date.
Good Standing is defined as maintaining academic, disciplinary and physical requirements per NSTC 1533.2C - Regulations for Officer Development, as well as, receive a positive endorsement from the Professor of Naval Science.
Miami University NROTC offers competitive students the opportunity to join the NROTC unit and compete for a scholarship and the chance to commission as a Naval Officer.
Please contact LT Christian Marion (email@example.com) with questions about the NROTC College Program.