Peffer Park

Once a pastureland and farm, this 80-acre plot was purchased as two parcels in 1955 and 1966 by Miami University. Later, Fred C. Yager generously donated money to Miami University in order to develop a park on this land south of campus along Highway 27. Yager stipulated that the park was to be developed in memory of his nephew, G. Maurice Peffer. William Amos and Dorothy R. Amos contributed funds for the park's development as well.

A small portion of the land is a recreational park. The balance is maintained as a natural area to promote outdoor recreation, education, and research in the natural sciences. Common activities include hiking, snow skiing, mountain biking and birding.

Features

Peffer Park has the following facilities and features:

  • Restrooms
  • Shelter
  • Ball diamond
  • Volleyball
  • Grill
  • Electric hookup