In the Media
Miami University professors who have studied Russia, Russian history, and the region share insight into the unfolding situation in Ukraine.
- Hannah Chapman wrote an analysis piece for The Washington Post, Thousands of Russians are protesting against the war with Ukraine. Putin’s not likely to listen.
- Stephen Norris appeared on NPR WVXU’s Cincinnati edition discussion, Biden makes an appeal to Russia for diplomacy. He was quoted in the Dayton Daily News story Russian attack on Ukraine: Wright-Patt remains on heightened readiness posture. Dr. Norris also was interviewed by Le Devoir (Québec) and also appeared on the Roy Green Radio Show in Canada.
- Liza Skryzhevska, associate dean of Miami University Regionals, was quoted in this Journal-News story, Russia’s invasion hits hard for local educators with ties to Ukraine.
- Nam Vu, professor of economics, provided input on the economic impact the situation could have on Ohio's economy, for this Dayton Daily News story, Not just vodka: Russian imports to Ohio include steel, fuel and ammo.
- Scott Kenworthy, associate professor of Comparative Religion, spoke to the Wall Street Journal about the effects this could have on Russian Orthodox churches in the U.S.
Read more in Miami University'sNews and Events (written in January 2022)