Choose Ohio First - JEDI Scholarship
About the Scholarship
Miami University is proud to offer Choose Ohio First – Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (COF-JEDI) in STEM scholarships. We can offer $4000/year for up to four years, thanks to a grant sponsored by the Ohio Department of Education. The scholarships are intended to support Ohio students, particularly those underrepresented in STEM, who are majoring in fields that can prepare you for to work in fields with the highest demand. See the Eligibility section of this website for a list of qualifying majors.
In addition to the scholarship, the COF-JEDI program will also provide enhanced support to the scholars including meetings with faculty mentors for academic planning and support and experiential, industrial, and research training opportunities.
Subsequent years of funding and funding amount are possible, provided scholars maintain compliance with program requirements (3.0 GPA or higher) and funding continues through the Ohio General Assembly.
Who can Apply?
- Entering first-year students
- Admitted transfer students
- Be an Ohio resident
- Major in one of the following degree programs:
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Paper Science and Engineering
- Mechatronics, Robotics, and Automation Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Data Science and Statistics
- Data Analytics
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Scholarship can be maintained with a change of major only within the aforementioned list of majors.
- Completion of the application form.
Scholarship Selection and Renewal Criteria:
- The Scholarship is offered to students based on merit and financial need.
- This is a competitive scholarship, so the first consideration will be given to students with the highest GPA, test scores, and their interest in the eligible majors.
- Successful applicants are expected to participate as a cohort in career development activities, mentoring support programs for academic enrichment and faculty-mentored research or projects.
- An applicant has to maintain a GPA of 3.0 and above in the intended eligible major.
- This scholarship can be renewed for up to three more years provided scholars maintain compliance with program requirements (GPA requirements, cohort activities, etc.) and funding continues through the Ohio Department of Higher Education.
Dr. Jennifer Blue
Associate Dean and Professor
Department of Physics
Dr. Fazeel Khan
Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering
Dr. Kumar Singh
Chair and Professor
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
The College of Engineering and Computing
Oxford, OH 45056