Museums Miami integrates and enhances Miami University’s rich resources for the study and preservation of art, material culture, and natural history. By connecting a broad range of departments and disciplines across the university, the center seeks to strengthen the role of museum collections and object-based learning in the university’s educational mission.
- Position Miami’s museums and collections as an integral part of the educational experience at Miami University in ways that benefit all majors
- Increase interdisciplinary dialog and exchange.
- Provide increased access to physical collections through comprehensive digital catalogs and an integrated interface that allows independent catalogs to be searched simultaneously.
- Enhance the interdisciplinary research capabilities infrastructure at Miami University.
- Formally integrate the contributions of Miami’s museums and material collections into the institutional strategic plan.
Miami University offers a number of Museums and other special collections for students and community members alike to enjoy.