Additional Transfer Requirements
College of Creative Arts
Transfer students pursuing the following majors within the College of Creative Arts are required to submit a portfolio and/or schedule an audition by the application deadline:
- Architecture and Interior Design
- Art, Art Education, or Communication Design
- Games + Simulation
- Music, Music Composition, Music Education, or Music Performance
See the admission requirements for these majors or contact the College of Creative Arts at 513-529-1517.
Farmer School of Business
To receive direct admission into the Farmer School of Business, transfer applicants must complete the following requirements: 30 graded credit hours after high school graduation, 3.50 GPA in all graded credit hours earned, and completion of Miami's MTH 141 or MTH 151 and ECO 201 equivalents (via AP, post-secondary, or university courses). Questions regarding the transfer process can be directed to the FSB Student Services Office at 513-529-1712 or visit MiamiOH.edu/bus-apply.
Limited Transfer Admission to Programs
You are invited to declare a major when you apply for transfer admission. If you are undecided in your choice of major, you will be placed in the College of Arts and Science.
Transfer admission to some programs is limited, with requirements such as a higher grade point average (GPA) or upperclass standing. These programs are included in the following divisions:
- Art Education
- Art (Studio)
- Communication Design
- Games + Simulation
- Interior Design
- Music Composition
- Music Education
- Music Performance
- Adolescent to Young Adult Education**
- Early Childhood Education
- Foreign Language Education**
- Middle Childhood Education
- Inclusive Special Education
- Analytics (co-major)
- Business Economics
- Entrepreneurship (co-major)
- Human Capital Management and Leadership
- Information Systems and Analytics
- Interdisciplinary Business Management
- Supply Chain and Operations Management
Updated information on special requirements is available in the General Bulletin.
* This major does not have limited transfer admission; however, it does require additional steps such as declaring a second major.
** This major does not have limited transfer admission; however, it does require additional steps such as applying directly to the program.