Understanding Miami Application Types
Is Miami University your perfect fit? If so, complete the Common Application and indicate your intention to apply as an Early Decision applicant.
Early Decision Dates and Deadlines
- You must complete your application and submit Miami's Early Decision Agreement [PDF] by Nov. 1.
- Decision notifications are sent Dec. 1.
- Students who are admitted under Early Decision are committed to enrolling to Miami and must submit the confirmation deposit of $425 ($95 for commuter students) by Jan. 15.
Early Decision Advantages
- Higher acceptance rate than other applicants.
- Earlier admission decision notification.
- Full consideration for financial aid and scholarships.
Early Decision is a binding application option for students who know Miami is their first choice and are willing to withdraw other applications and accept their offer of admission by Jan. 15 if admitted. Review our Early Decision FAQs below.
If you apply and are admitted as an Early Action applicant, you are not obligated to accept a Miami offer of admission, and you have until May 1 to accept your offer of admission. Plus, you receive full consideration for merit scholarships and the Honors College.
Early Action Dates and Deadlines
- Early Action I
- You must complete your application and submit it by Nov. 1.
- Decision notifications are sent Dec. 15.
- Early Action II
- You must complete your application and submit it by the priority deadline of Dec. 1.
- Decision notifications are sent Feb. 1.
Choose Regular Decision (deadline Feb. 1) only if you've missed our Dec. 1 priority application deadline. After Dec. 1, admission to some majors is more competitive. You'll be considered for scholarships and the Honors College if funding and space remain available and you have until May 1 to accept your offer of admission.
Early Decision Frequently Asked Questions
If I'm not admitted to Miami under Early Decision, can I still be admitted under another decision plan?
May I apply to multiple schools under Early Decision?
May I apply for admission to other universities if I apply to Miami as an Early Decision applicant?
What if I decide not to apply as Early Decision after I submit my application?
Can I apply to the university Honors College as an early decision applicant?
Will I still be eligible for scholarships and financial aid?
When will I receive notification about scholarships and financial aid?
What if I don't receive enough financial aid?
Can I change my major after I submit my Early Decision application?
If I am admitted for admission to Miami University but am not directly admitted into the Farmer School of Business, Nursing, or my choice of major in the College of Creative Arts, will I still be bound by the Early Decision agreement?
No. Students who are not directly admitted into these programs will not be bound by the Early Decision agreement.