About the College of Education, Health, and Society (EHS)
Choose Your Program
Explore the more than 10 undergraduate majors EHS offers across the fields of education, health, social work, and sport.
Simultaneously pursue a bachelor's and a master's degree in one of our 3 + 2 or 4 + 1 programs. Find out if you qualify.
Take steps toward furthering your academics with one of our 20 master's program or three doctoral degrees.
Miami Accredited Programs
The College of Education, Health and Society seeks accreditation from a variety of external organizations because such recognition provides added assurance to students and prospective employers that our degree programs meet the highest professional standards. The accreditation process typically involves an extensive self-study, followed by an on-site visit by nationally known professionals, and then a decision by the accrediting body as to whether accreditation should be granted.
- Art Education Program, National Association of Schools of Art and Design
- Athletic Training Program, Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- Kinesiology - Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- Nutrition Program, Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
- Music Education Program, National Association of Schools of Music
- Social Work Program, Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Teaching, Curriculum, and Educational Inquiry (formerly Teacher Education), Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
Educator Preparation Data
As part of CAEP Accreditation, the following reports have been prepared for the teacher education programs.
The mission of the College of Education, Health, and Society is to prepare critically engaged and transformative leaders. The College prioritizes socially just outcomes, hands-on and applied learning, interdisciplinary thinking, rigorous research, and innovation. Through excellence in research, teaching, and service, EHS prepares graduates to generate knowledge, educate, serve, and promote health and well-being in diverse and global settings in order to respond to the complex problems societies face.
The College of Education, Health, and Society fosters critically engaged leaders prepared to take on complex and interdisciplinary challenges through transdisciplinary problem-solving that seeks equity and justice in our changing global society.
These values guide our behaviors, priorities, decision-making, and focus:
- We endeavor to align our policy and practice with principles of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- We practice critical introspection in order to examine, confront, and expand our understanding and implementation of anti-oppressive teaching, research, and service.
- We cultivate community-engaged interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary collaborations.
- We promote the health and well-being of individuals, groups, and communities.
- We embrace global perspectives.
- We strive to foster a culture of inquiry, exploration, and innovation.
Contact Us207 McGuffey Hall
Oxford, OH 45056 ehs@MiamiOH.edu Meet our faculty and staff