What Our Students Say
Kelsey Biller '15
"Coming into Miami I had no idea what kinesiology was. After doing some research on the major, I realized that it was just right for me...
“I love learning about the biomechanics of the human body and this major allows me to learn and experience it through many different--and exciting--classes. After I graduate, I've got my sights set on becoming a physician's assistant."
"I am a senior kinesiology major and I absolutely love it! Coming into college, I knew I wanted to go to medical school, but I did not want to take the typical route and be a zoology or biology major...
Kinesiology has given me many hands-on experiences, which I will be able to practice in my future profession. Besides having a lot of anatomy classes (which I love), being in this major has opened up my opportunities to participate in research as well. Finally, the faculty is always willing to help students out in any way possible!"
“Choosing to be a kinesiology major was the best decision I have made since choosing to come to Miami University. The professors are all extremely knowledgeable, experienced, and best of all approachable...
”They have a great diversity of backgrounds and are always willing to offer you advice about both class and future endeavors. There are also just enough students in the KNH major so over the four years at Miami you become very close to your classmates which makes studying for exams, doing group projects, and filling out graduate school applications much easier."
A few more facts about me:
- Member of Alpha Delta Phi fraternity
- Former Vice President of the Interfraternity Council
- Currently a student manager at the Rec Center
- Studied abroad twice with Dr. Mark Walsh of the KNH department: once to the Himalayas and Mt. Everest Base Camp, and a second time to Machu Picchu."
Health Promotion and Kinesiology Major
"I chose health promotion to be a second major during the second semester of my sophomore year. I thought it went along really well with my kinesiology major and getting the classes done in time to graduate was really do-able since a lot of them overlapped...
“I hope to go to physician assistant school and focus on educating my patients about a healthy lifestyle to prevent sickness and injury. Health promotion and the classes I have taken in the field give me the tools I'll need to do this."
A few more facts about me:
- Was a research assistant for Dr. Rose Marie Ward in a health psychology research lab through the KNH department.
- PR chair and incoming president of Colleges Against Cancer student organization
- Worked at Elements Wellness center as an intern in Hamilton. I spent about 5 hours a week
working hands-onwith the clients using things I learned in Dr. Timmerman's "exercise prescription" class. I also got academiccredit that counted for my Health Promotions major!