Workplace Concerns and Grievances

Miami prides itself on offering a safe, healthy, and efficient workplace to all employees. In cases where you may feel unsafe, uncomfortable (physically or mentally), or mistreated, the University offers resources to guide you in your search for a resolution to your concern. 

Bargaining Unit Contracts

The University has agreements with the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) Union and the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP). Members of either union should refer to the appropriate agreement for the process of filing a grievance.


EthicsPoint reporting is an anonymous method of reporting illegal, unethical, or other activity in violation of Miami's policies.

Office of Equity and Equal Opportunity (OEEO)

If you feel you have been subjected to discrimination, harassment, or retaliation, you may Report Harassment and Discrimination behavior directly to OEEO (513-529-7157). You may also file a complaint on behalf of someone else.

Workplace Health and Safety

Miami is committed to the health and safety of our employees and offers many resources. For concerns about your work environment (e.g., air quality or safety issues), contact Environmental Safety and Risk Management.

University Police Department

Should you believe you are the victim of a hate crime, contact the University Police Department at 513-529-2222.