Student Organization RE-Registration Process
Regional Student Organizations who are re-registering have a timeline from April through August to re-register. After this deadline, student organizations that have not completed the registration process will be frozen. After 1 year of inactivity, the organization will become inactive on the HUB, and fund accounts will be swept into a general student organization fund. Organizations that have not been active over the course of the immediate past academic year should register as a new organizations. New budget requests will begin in the spring- any request for funding before this time can be made through the help of the Regional Student Government (RSG) Innovative Funding Requests located on their HUB page. Registration for 2022-2023 Regional Student Organizations will open May 18, 2022, and end May 14, 2023.
To register your organization, please follow the step-by-step instructions on the HUB.
1. Visit the HUB and sign in with your credentials.
2. In “Explore Miami University”, type in your organization name.
3. Click “Manage Organization”.
4. Click “Re-Register this Organization”.
- ALL STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS need to re/register this year even if they were an active organization last year!
- To find out if your organization needs to re-register, visit the manage page for your organization. If it is eligible for re-registration you will see a blue box to re-register. You will only see this if you are the listed President, Treasurer, or advisor.
- You must be listed as either the President/Treasurer/Adviser in order to submit a re-registration of an organization that has been active over the past academic year. If you need to be assigned to the appropriate position, please contact rosa@MiamiOH.edu.
These are the registration requirements for a Regional-based student organization:
- Must be registered through the Regional Office of Student Activities and Orientation (ROSA) Office
- Must have at least 3 currently registered student members, with at least 1 serving as president and 1 as treasurer
- Must have at least 1 on-campus adviser (faculty, staff, or graduate student)
- A constitution that must contain:
- the official name of the student organization
- the current academic year on the first page of the student organization's constitution
- a description of the purpose/mission of the group
- the titles, requirements and functions of officers
- the procedures for electing officers
- the meeting and attendance requirements (if there are no attendance requirements, this must be stated)
- the following statement: "In order to be an official member of the student organization, an individual must be registered as an official member of the HUB"
- the basis and procedures for expulsion of officers and members must be specified
- the financial obligations of members must be specified (if there are no financial requirements, this must be stated)
- the source of income/funding must be stated link to the University Statement of Non-Discrimination
Please let us know if you have any questions about this process. We look forward to working with you!